BBC Worldwide chose eventpowwow as the preferred supplier for their BBC Future World-Changing Ideas Summit at the Dockside Pavilion, Sydney, Australia on 15th November 2016. The app and partner microsite was used by over 375 delegates attending the event. This follows on from the previously successful event held in New York where eventpowwow was also used.
The BBC WCIS event showcases the power of bringing forward-thinking leaders together to build a better tomorrow. Big ideas and major challenges in science, technology and health will be discussed by top minds. This premier event will assemble a diverse community, which will push the boundaries of what is possible for future generations through lightning talks, panel discussions and one-to-one interviews.
BBC Future took full advantage of our eventpowwow native iOS and Android app. As well as its simplicity and low cost, part of its appeal was that it could be tailored to precisely reflect the World-Changing Ideas Summit brand. And, as with every eventpowwow app, it came with a bespoke microsite, again tailored to match the client’s brand.
The fully mobile-responsive microsite and native apps were supported by a single content management system (CMS). This meant that any content changes could be published quickly and easily to both the microsite and apps, at the same time.
This flexibility proved very useful, as the agenda and speaker details changed frequently, and event sponsors were added at the last minute.
As well as being able to register through the app, delegates could plan which sessions they wanted to attend, take notes and provide feedback. Keeping up with the events Twitter social activity was also possible via the app.
eventpowwow features available to BBC Worldwide delegates:
- View venue location
- Agenda – list and details of sessions, speaker details, access to additional tools including notes and review
- Add sessions to their device calendar
- View location floor plan
- Run instant polls
- Create expert one-to-one chat sessions
- Check-in to sessions and keynotes
- View speaker profiles for each seminar
- View sponsor information
- My Agenda – build a personal agenda for the event
- Presentations – view and download post-event speaker presentations
- Profile – manage profile information, including the all-important selfie
- Social – keep up-to-date with the latest event tweets
- Give feedback and review seminars
- Receive in-app announcements and updates
There were 375 users registered via the website and app to this fully subscribed event of which 65% downloaded the app. Of those approx. 62% were iOS downloads and 38% Android downloads.
- Sessions 27,912
- Unique users 23,385
- Total page views 40,864
Learn more about eventpowwow » eventpowwow website
- Everything went really smoothly with you, the customer service was quick and friendly as well as the dashboard was easy to use. We could easily navigate in the dashboard and all our changes were updated right away, which was very helpful.
We were very happy with the service and eventpowwow as it included everything that we needed :)
Thank you so much for your services!
Senior Manager, Content Solutions ANZ at BBC Worldwide
Project Coordinator at BBC Worldwide