On October 21, BBC Future hosted their first ever World-Changing Ideas Summit in New York. Its remit – to help build a better future, by sharing ideas and perspectives with world-renowned thought leaders, visionaries and innovators.
The inaugural event saw a stimulating mix of speakers, from tech pioneers to a retired astronaut, discussing a range of topics, inspiring equally passionate attendees from the science, technology and health industries.
BBC Future initially tasked Works Digtal with brand identity, lead generation and website design and build to promote the event and drive registrations. But when they saw a demonstration of our eventpowwow app, they were so impressed they felt compelled to include it in the campaign as a delegate support tool.
BBC Future took full advantage of our eventpowwow native iOS and Android app. As well as its simplicity and low cost, part of its appeal was that it could be tailored to precisely reflect the World-Changing Ideas Summit brand. And, as with every eventpowwow app, it came with a bespoke microsite, again tailored to match the client’s brand.
The fully mobile-responsive microsite and native apps were supported by a single content management system (CMS). This meant that any content changes could be published quickly and easily to both the microsite and apps, at the same time.
This flexibility proved very useful, as the agenda and speaker details changed frequently, and event sponsors were added at the last minute.
We drove awareness of the event through a targeted email campaign, and registered attendees through the website and apps.
As well as being able to register through the app, delegates could plan which sessions they wanted to attend, take notes and provide feedback. Keeping up with the events Twitter social activity was also possible via the app.
eventpowwow features available to BBC Worldwide delegates:
- View venue location
- View location floor plan
- Agenda – list and details of sessions, speaker details, access to additional tools including notes and review
- Add sessions to their device calendar
- Check-in to sessions and keynotes
- View speaker profiles for each seminar
- View sponsor information
- My Agenda – build a personal agenda for the event
- Presentations – view and download post-event speaker presentations
- Profile – manage profile information, including the all-important selfie
- Social – keep up-to-date with the latest event tweets
- Give feedback and review seminars
- Receive in-app announcements and updates
There were 224 registered users to this fully subscribed event of which 54% downloaded the app. Of those approx. 90% were iOS downloads and 10% Android downloads.
Responsive microsite (over the 1 month event period)
- Sessions 19,306
- Unique users 16,586
- Total page views 32,145
Learn more about eventpowwow » eventpowwow website
- “It’s been an insane week/month. Thanks for all of your help and guidance and creativity. Everyone is really happy. So, deep breath and thanks again.”
Vice President, Communications
BBC Worldwide, North America